Posts Tagged With: inspiration
I hope I still have readers after the unannounced hiatus I took this past month. It was much needed.
I wish I could say I was traipsing across Europe with my husband and children, trodding where the wind blows, but negatory. I was doing what I do best when I have multiple choices to a simple decision: I wind myself up, unravel, sort out the pieces, make a pros and cons list, talk to trustworthy people of differing temperaments, add to the pros and cons list, ponder, write about it, pray, pray, pray, look over the pros and cons list, write, and finally pursue all choice and let God figure it out.
Here I am, all directions pursued, ready to come back to my blog. Thank you to all who did not drop me from their reading list. I appreciate your patience.
Now on to awards!
Right before Thanksgiving, two of my favorite bloggers nominated me for Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I am humbled because facelikeafryingpan of The Embiggens Project and wedelmom of The View From A Slightly Twisted Angle actually inspire me!
Although, I’m uncertain how all my nincompoopness is inspiring, I humbly acknowledge the nomination. 😉
Here is what I have to do next:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
- I hate stating things about myself.
- I am a sucker for personality sorters. According to Kiersian temperament Theory, I am a Rational Fieldmarshall. According to Futurian Giftings, I operate most highly as a Teacher, Encourager, Administrator and operate least as Compassion Person. According to Rathian Strengths Finder 2.0, my top five strengths are Intellection, Input, Connectedness, Learner, and Responsibility. According to Mandlonian Theory, I’m a Do It My Way And No One Gets Hurt.
- Books are my friends. They take me on adventures.
- In my head I am ultra serious, in person not so much.
- If people would think like me, the world would be a much better place.
- I love embarrassing my children. Just last Sunday, I danced around playing a tambourine in church. G was mortified.
- I dream of one day being organized. I have started using an agenda.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Here and There
- Live to Write – Write to Live
- The Better Man Project
- Canadian Hiking Photography
- A Detailed House
- Fortyteen Candles
- Stillness of Heart
- A Confederacy of Spinsters
- The Yellow House
- Aging Appropriately
- Monica’s Pen
- The Way Everlasting
- I Am Second
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
There is all kinds of inspiration going on in these blogs, so take a moment to check them out.
Who couldn’t use some inspiration from time to time?