I wish I could say that my list is so altruistic that includes peace on Earth and that all orphans would find a home. Although peace on Earth would be really cool, and deep down I, of course, wouldn’t turn it down if it actually happened, my Christmas list is more realistic and closer to home.
My 2014 Christmas List
1. A new red crockpot crock. I use my crockpot so much an extra crock would come in handy.
2. A big, chunky, square coffee table, preferably in dark wood, no glass or metal and a shelf on the bottom for blanket storage. But I’m not picky.
3. A housekeeper to come in twice a month and give my house a good scrubbing. Again, I could do it myself, but I’m lazy.
4. Warm, fuzzy house shoes or slippers. What, exactly, is the difference between the two?
5. A bulldog puppy. I already have two dogs, but bulldogs are so quirky. I need a quirky dog.
6. More readers. Not readers of this blog; although, that would be nice. I’m talking about the little half glasses, specticals if you will, that help old people read tiny print. I used to have a pair for every room in the house, and now I can’t find any of them. So a few pair of readers, preferably red ones.
7. A year supply of ginko biloba, so I can remember where I put my new red readers.
8. To have more smiles than frowns. It’s a residual gift: then my kids have more smile than frowns, and that gives me more smiles than frowns, which causes them to have more smiles than frowns, and on, and on, and on it goes…
Thats the list. Much of it I could buy for myself. I’m just lazy. I want someone to buy it for me.
What’s on your Christmas list?