My thoughts in the days after the Presidential election:
1. “The Destiny of Man is to unite, not to divide. If you keep on dividing, you end up as a collection of monkeys throwing nuts at each other out of separate trees.” – T.H. White, The Once and Future King
2. “All for one and one for all, united we stand divided we fall.” – Alexandre Dumas, The Three Musketeers
3. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” – J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
4. “When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.” – Winston Churchill
5. “Pit race against race, religion against religion, prejudice against prejudice. Divide and conquer! We must not let that happen here.” Eleanor Roosevelt
Okay, so those are other people’s thoughts, but those thoughts express in nuanced ways my one and only thought this week: Can we please stop bickering and move forward? And I realize that some of you are going to answer “No” with arms crossed and feet firmly entrenched. So be it. Re-read #5, please.
I love you all!