1. There is nothing better than bacon-wrapped meatloaf. Ohemgee! Nothing. Better.
2. Hotel Transylvania – too cute! It wasn’t scary in the least, and the story line (Over-protective Dracula tries to keep his only daughter, Mavis, safe from the menacing humans) can be appreciated by young, old, parent and child. Plus, it’s funny!
3. How to tell which dog had the accident in the mud room according to Z: When Miss Sophie poops, its small (holding his six-year-old hands together cuped like a bowl) because she’s small. When Daisy poops, it’s big (spreading his arms shoulder width apart) because she’s huge. What he doesn’t understand: when Miss Sophie has eaten something that doesn’t agree with her, she poops like Daisy.
4. Everytime I participate in an outreach with my church, I leave feeling irrated with people. I wonder if God is trying to teach me something.
5. Per a contestant (Oct 25) on Live with Kelly and Michael‘s travel trivia game: “Since I celebrated my 50th birthday on Michael’s 36th birthday on September 4th, I’m going to pick my birth year, ’62.” Really? You couldn’t have spared all those audience members’ the agony of deflated hopes by just saying 62? Plus, noone cares and noone is going to remember all that other junk. Just pick the number!!
6. NaNoWriMo begins in 6 days. I’m excited and a little anxious at the same time. NaNoWriMo is always the catalist for new plot ideas for me. For the past two years, I have compiled quite a few ideas and a few have developed past ideas and into characters and setting sketches and even short stories, but I’ve never developed one into a novel. I started preparing for next month in July. I have my outline almost completely finished, so I am on the cusp of actually jumping into putting meat on the bones of my novel. That makes me a little nervous.
Have a happy weekend!!