I’m still a little melancholy this week. G came home for the extended Labor Day weekend and everything seemed right in the world. Then she went back to school. It’s so silly because I talk to her multiple times during the day every day (thanks to Twitter, Facebook, and texting), which got me to thinking …
1. The cell phone really is the world’s longest umbilical cord.
2. “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo” is the most mind-numbing, intellegence-sapping show on TLC, if not all of television. Why are we rewarding stupidity? Have we stooped so low that idiocy is the only entertainment left to us?
3. Please don’t tell me that I’m not going to like something. You are more than welcome to explain to me why you don’t like something, but please do not assume that I won’t like something based on what you do or do not like. It’s irritating.
4.No. Actually, when you assume, you make an ass out of you, not me.
5. I miss my old washing machine with the agitator. It got my clothes clean in the first wash, and it didn’t stink. I have given the front loader a good three-year try, and at the end of the month (if all goes well) we will be parting ways. I just may celebrate.
6. All that glitters is not gold. All who wander are not lost.
7. All who wonder are not lost. (My Christian friends will get this one. Eventually.)
8. There is something disturbing about an eight year old telling you, “we both have issues.”
9. Okay, International Delight. I’ll try you, but if you are nothing like the Italian Sweet Cream I’m used to then it’s right back to Coffee-Mate for this girl. (I actually said this outloud to the bottle while standing by the dairy case, so technically it isn’t a “thought;” although, it is a good example how starved for adult conversation I really am.)
Have happy thoughts and a wonderful weekend!