1. I haven’t had many random thoughts this week.
2. Who can have a random thought when the Olympics are happening? Although the men’s water polo team was a little distracting, and I heard Wednesday’s women’s water polo wardrobe malfunction got Twitter all abuzz. Or so Yahoo! Sports says. I missed it.
3. School started this week. The kids’ supply lists are astronomically long. My first grader, besides bringing the usual binders, folders and box of kleenex, has to bring 12 glue sticks, 24 pencils, a ream of colored copy paper, a ream of colored card stock, and a container of antibacterial wipes.
What the heck are they going to be doing that each kid needs 12 glue sticks? Would a hammer and nails be more efficient? Oh, and by the end of the year, he better have perfect penmanship and one heck of a callous on his left middle finger (he’s left-handed) if he needs 24 pencils and three composition notebooks to get through the year.
4. The only way I can stand my kids is one at a time or from a distance.
5. That’s not true, but it’s funny. I’m all up in my kids’ business.
6. I am always finding things out too late to take full advantage, but I will be taking full advantage of these next summer.
- Kids Bowl Free – K-12 students receive 2 games of bowling per day throughout the summer. Click on the state in which you live to see a list of participating bowling allies in your area, fill out a short registration form and *pow* you’re done! Coupons are emailed to you weekly. . For a one time nominal fee ($24), parents and a few other adults (grandparents, babysitters, older siblings, etc) can also bowl two games per day all summer. It’s great fun. We went last week and had a blast. ***And for my Canadian followers, there are bowling centers in your area, too.***
- Kids Skate Free – This is basically the same arrangement. Click on the state in which you live, choose a skate center nearest you, fill out the short registration form, and your coupons to skate free will be emailed to you.
7. Can we stop talking about chicken sandwiches and have a meaningful conversation?
8. I feel like making cookies. This either means I’m coming down with something or it’s my kids’ lucky day!