It’s been two months since I started Random Thoughts Friday! Wow, I feel accomplished. Seriously. Once I have to do something, I don’t want to do it any longer, so actually sticking with this self-imposed “have to” boosts my self-esteem. I will stop publically gushing on myself and drive you all away. Here is this weeks list:
1. “Ballpark Franks plump when you cook’em.” Why? I’m not sure I want to know. I eat Hebrew National because they answer to a Higher power.
2. Dr. Seuss’s character Mayzie must have been a cowbird.
3. As of this posting, 12 days until F and Z start school. Yay!
4. I know there are parents out there that want their children around them 24/7. I’m not one of them. There’s a point in the day that they need to leave me alone. And, quite frankly, it is better for them if they are not around me 24/7. See Random Thoughts Friday #5, number 3.
5. My sisters, #1, #4, #5 and #8, used to have “sisters’ lunch” once a month. I miss those lunches.
6. While waiting for my daughter, F, to get her hair done, I overheard a couple of ladies talking about the shooting tragedy in Colorado. Woman #1 voiced her heart-felt sympathy commenting that those poor people were literally trapped in that theater and that she was so saddened that another piece of our innocence is gone. Woman #2 nodding her head in agreement added that she wondered what was wrong with Colorado people. Honestly? Besides your unadulterated insensitivity, You live in the Nation’s top 5 most dangerous cities, and you are wondering what is wrong with the people of Colorado? Really?
7. Apparently, the UK’s WWII “Keep Calm and Carry On” campaign slogan reemerged in 2000. Why I am I just finding this? I love it in its various forms, and need to post it numerous places in my home. Click here for more products.
8. Allow the garage door to open completely before pulling in the car, even if it looks as though the car will fit. You could lose an antenna doing if you don’t.
9. After making peanut butter and jelly for a week, F has declared her sandwiches “famous.” Well, crap, if a week is all it takes to be famous, I better start changing my résumé!
10. Something is awkward about a list that doesn’t end in an even number.