1. Don’t sell your future for a can of soup, even if you’re starving.
3. It’s more fun putting the Christmas tree up than it is taking it down.
4. I’m considering the avenue of self-publishing, and have read about the pros/cons of and the attitude shift concerning self-publishing within the writing community. I am not deeply impressed with the self-published novels/books I’ve read. Any thoughts?
5. Right now, operating in the mundane is okay.
6. Being better is harder than it seems.
7. I suppose it’s everyone’s right to declare ignorance again and again. It’s just a real pain for those of us who have to deal with those declaring their right.
8. Have a plan, people! Have a plan!
9. Commercial: “I read the whole 900 pages. It literally took me weeks.” Weeks? I read all 743 pages of Wally Lamb’s The Hour I First Believed in, literally, months. There’s nothing better than being made to feel like a failure by H&R Block.